- Irvin Lin
Need a content management system with Next.js?
Netlify CMS would be a great choice for you.
- Free to use
- Open source
- Seamless integration with Netlify hosting
- Basic rich text editor
- You can't add links to open in a new tab (workaround is to switch to markdown and edit)
- Setup can be difficult for non programmers
Steps to start
- Visit https://www.netlifycms.org/docs/start-with-a-template/
- Pick the Next.js Blog Template and "Deploy to netlify"
- Type your project name
- Connect to GitHub
Here are some issues during my setup process and hope it will help someone out there.
- CMS Invitation email links do not have /admin in it hence everytime you try to reset a password, you will land on your homepage
- Add /admin/ before your recovery token to gain access to your reset password page
- You may need to reset your tokens if you have set Github as private repo after deployment, you will need to go to Netlify's settings -> Identity -> Reset your Github Access Token under Git Gateway